Unifyed Student – Engage -Release Notes 9.6
Apr 25 2020
Staff Directory Applet
A new applet Staff Directory has been released for Unifyed Engage users. This applet has information stored for all the staff of the school. A student can search for the information of staff such as an email address, telephone number, department, campus etc.
- Give Staff Directory app the name of your choice.
- The name of the AD/Portal group to be entered under the Group field. Staff Directory app would display the list of the members of the group that would be entered here. Note: Currently, only one group name is supported.
- Enter the attribute that is used in the database for Telephone Number. This is an immovable field.
- Enter the attribute that is used in the database for Title of the staff. This is an immovable field.
- Add more fields to Staff Directory information by clicking + icon.
- If not required, you can delete a field by clicking school icon.
If not required, you can delete a field by clicking icon.
- Search staff members by their first names, last names or department names.
- Click an alphabet to search all the staff members having a name starting with that alphabet.
- Press the searched staff member’s name to bring up his details.
- All the details such as telephone number, title etc. would appear on the left-hand side of the information page. By default, only email & telephone number appears if no other attribute has been configured.
- Click the arrow icon to email the person.
Note: Staff Directory app MUST be used as a widget and deployed on a page.
Messaging Admins or Tenant Admins can now send messages to the secondary email of the users. To achieve this, the Messaging Module has been enhanced to include users’ secondary email address as a channel just like other Messaging Channels.
In RBAC, Messaging modules now displays a new option “Secondary Email” upon clicking “Add More” drop-down and can be assigned like any other delivery channel in Messages App.
When sending messages via Messaging Module, Messaging Admins and Tenant Admins will now see another delivery channel labelled “Secondary Email”. This can be selected and treated like any other delivery channel. Also, the preview would behave just like the existing email channel.
Note: You are required to get the updates for Messaging from Studio > AppStore to utilize this enhancement.
This enhancement allows tenant admins to include special characters in applets’ names. Previously, the system was not accepting any special character in the name. From this release, parenthesis “()” and Dash “-” are allowed as when naming/renaming the applet.
Note: The updated App name will be displayed when adding an app as a widget or from the menu builder.
RBAC permissions to Groups with Special Characters
Previously, Unifyed Engage was not allowing RBAC permission for an AD group or a portal group having special characters in it and used to freeze on the user. With this release, RBAC capability has been enhanced to give permissions to AD/Portal groups having special characters in them.
Note: You are required to get the updates for RBACsettings from Studio > AppStore to utilize this enhancement.
Events | Notifications
From this release, the Events module has been enhanced to send push notification to the users. The push notification will be delivered in different scenarios:
- Whenever an event has been edited, all the registered users must receive the notification – One of your registered events has been edited
- Whenever an event has been edited, all the users who have bookmarked that event must receive the notification – One of your bookmarked events has been edited
- Whenever a user has been invited for an event, he should receive the notification – You have been invited to an event
Note: Clicking the notification would re-direct the user to the corresponding page of the Events module. Also, you are required to get the updates for Events and Notification Center from Studio > AppStore to utilize this enhancement.
Enhancement to AD/Portal Groups Member Information
In the previous release, a feature was released wherein the admin could view the members of an AD/Portal group under Studio > Users&Groups. This release enhances this feature to display name, email address and ID of the group members. You can also search for the members based on their name, email address and ID.
- Option to view the members of a group View Members appears by clicking the Settings icons.
- Total count of the members of the group appears top right corner of the page.
- You can search members by their names, IDs or emails addresses.
- The complete information of members is displayed including their name, email address and id.
- Pagination has been given at the footer of the page to navigate through the pages. On a single page, a maximum of 10 members will be listed.
Note: Only logged in users will be appearing in the search list.
Improvements to Hide on Navigation and Show on Mobile Features
Unifyed Engage environment has been enhanced to make something ONLY visible in the native mobile app, without impacting its visibility on the portal.
Now, when Show on Mobile toggle switch is:
- Toggled ON: Applet/Group/Page is shown on the native mobile app who have access via RBAC.
- Toggled OFF: Applet/Group/Page is NOT shown on the native mobile app
Hide on Navigation toggle switch will have no impact on mobile and ONLY determine whether the Applet/Group/Page is visible on the web side of Engage. When Hide on Navigation toggle switch is:
- Toggled ON: Applet / Group is hidden from Web and if parallelly Show on Mobile is toggled on Applet/Group/Page would still show on native mobile.
- Toggled OFF: Applet/Group/Page is visible on the web to those who have access via RBAC.
Deleting a Unifyed Group from the System
From this release, when a Unifyed Group is deleted either from Explore Group page or Unifyed Groups module’s main page, in both the cases, the group gets removed from the Unifyed Groups module as well as from the left menu navigation bar. Previously, deleting a group from Explore Group page was not removing the group from the left menu navigation bar and was required to be deleted separately from menu builder.
Note: You are required to get the updates for Unifyed Groups from Studio > AppStore to utilize this enhancement.
Role Based Messaging Template – Phase 2
Previously, a Messaging Template was visible only to the creator of the template and tenant admin. From this release, Messaging Template is now permission-based. The creator of the Messaging Template or tenant admin can give permissions to the messaging admins (i.e. the users who have the permission to send messages to a specific set of users) to view, edit or, delete a template.
Note: The tenant admins should either not be searchable or must not be editable
- Search for the users/groups who have already been given any kind of access rights of the template and listed on the page.
- Add Groups/Users for giving them permission to the template.
- The tenant admins would appear at the top of the list. Their template access rights cannot be changed.
- The added groups/users appear after the tenant admins and their templates access rights can be changed/updated.
The access control window must have the following columns:
- Permissions – It means that the user(s)/Groups with Permissions access rights would further be able to grant permissions to other Messaging Admin.
- Use – It means that the user(s)/Groups with Use permissions would be able to view and use a template.
- Edit – It means that the user(s)/Groups with Edit permissions would be able to edit a template.
- Delete – It means that the user(s)/Groups with Edit permissions would be able to delete a template. Note: You are required to get the updates for Messaging Module from Studio > AppStore to utilize this enhancement.
0365 Time Stamp Enhancement
Previously, the time stamp on received emails in O365 applet was hardcoded to display only one-time zone which was configured from CMS. Unifyed Engage had no functionality to change the time zone to reflect the time stamp as per the users’ current location.
From this release, the time stamp on O365 has been made to work dynamically. So, if a user moves from one-time zone to another then, O365 would display the time stamp on emails depending on his current time zone.
Note: You are required to get the updates for O365 applet from Studio > AppStore to utilize this enhancement.
Improvements to Unifyed Groups Template
Previously, when creating the Unifyed Groups Template, it was only saving Group Name, Group Description and Group Image which was part of the first phase deployment of this feature. From this release, Unifyed Groups Template has been enhanced to store:
- Pages of a group
- Content of the pages of the group
- The layout of the pages of the group
- Applets dropped/used in the group
Note: You are required to get the updates for Unifyed Groups from Studio > AppStore to utilize this enhancement.
Profanity Filter in Connect Comments
With this release, Profanity filter has been enhanced to apply to comments in Connect post. Now, when users try to post a profane word (which is listed in the Profanity directory) in their comment, they will not be able to do so and will be advised with a warning message to remove the objectional word from their comment.
Connect Push Notification
Connect module has been enhanced to send push notification to mobile and portal for any new post, edited post or comment on the post.
- New Connect Post:
When a user (having permissions to post in Connect) posts in a Connect category(s), the audience of that category(s) would receive the push notification regarding the post. It is sent to both mobile and portal. The push notification will have a title and body e.g.
Title – New Connect Posts
Body – One of your categories has a new post from .
- Edited Connect Post:
When a user (having permissions to post in Connect) posts in a Connect category, the audience of that category would receive the push notification informing them about tweaks in the post. It is sent to both mobile and portal. The push notification will have a title and body e.g.
Title – Connect Post Edited
Body – One of your posts has been edited by <name>.
- Comment on Connect Post:
When a user comments on a Connect post, the creators of the post would receive the push notification informing them about the comment. It is sent to both mobile and portal. The push notification will have a title and body e.g.
Title – New Comment on Your Post
Body – A new comment has been added by <name> to one of your posts.
Note: The functionality to direct a user to the corresponding posts upon clicking the push notification to be implemented in future releases.
Also, you are required to get the updates for Connect and Notification Center from Studio > AppStore to utilize this enhancement.
Bugs & Fixes
Extra Black Space in Header
In iPhone Xs Max and higher versions of iPhones, there was some extra space appearing in the header of Unifyed app. This issue has been resolved.
Widgets Require Page Refresh to Load
An issue was raised wherein the widgets were not loading data upon clicking them and requiring a hard refresh every time to load the data. This issue has now been fixed.
Broken Icon in Emails from Messaging
An issue was raised wherein there was a broken icon was appearing at the end of the emails sent from the Messaging module. This issue has been fixed.
Load More Button Issue in Messaging
There was an issue raised wherein clicking the Load More button in Messaging module was non-functional and not loading any further messages on the screen. This issue has now been fixed.
Along with the platform, this release is compliant to WCAG conformance levels A & AA.
Supported Browser & Devices
This release is supported on the following browsers and devices:
|iPad Retina||iOS 10.3.3|
|iPhone 6||iOS 12.1.2|
|Nexus 5x||Android 8.1.0|
|iPhone X||iOS 12.1.2|
|One Plus 6||Android 9|
|Samsung Galaxy||Android 9|
|iPhone Xs Max||iOS 12.1.2|
|iPhone 11 Pro||iOS 13.1.1|
|Internet Explorer (Edge)||latest version|
Unifyed™ is the only AI-first, microservices-based, cloud-native student information system provider and serves over 750 colleges and universities in seven countries. Unifyed is a beautiful and easy-to-use solution designed with an AI-first approach to increasing student engagement and international enrollment. Developed by Columbia University in partnership with the higher education community, our solution is both affordable and flexible to meet the needs of traditional and non-traditional institutions alike.