Unifyed Student – Admit | Release 9.3
Jan 25 2019
Chicago, IL – Jan 25, 2019: Unifyed Release Notes provide information on the new features, enhancements and bug fixes in each release. Click on the release below to learn more about what Unifyed delivered in recent Unifyed Student – Admit releases.
Applicants can now, potentially, submit their personal essay as a file. Improvements have been made to the editor for personal essays which can still be entered directly on the form. Additionally, the institution can provide essay guidelines on the form, and establish a maximum essay length. Institutions have control over the Personal Essay section of the form via Settings > Institutional Defaults > Personal Essay. Settings are configurable for the institution and can be overridden per Calendar Type.
Note: Submitted file types allowed are PDF or Microsoft Word, with a maximum file size of 2 MB.
- A toggle switch manages the enabling and disabling of the “Essay Instruction Text” that can appear on the form to aid the Applicant in submitting their essay.
- “Essay Instruction Text” is the verbiage which the institution wishes to display in the Personal Essay section of the form.
- One indicator is selected to define if the essay is to be submitted as a file, as text on the form, or if either is allowed.
- When the essay is allowed to be entered as text on the form, a maximum number of characters can be set. By default, the maximum character limit is set to 5000 characters. When no maximum is desired, the field should be left blank.
- Settings are configurable per Calendar Type.
- Essay Instruction text, as defined above, will optionally display on the form.
- When the option is set which allows either a file upload or entry into the text box, the user will identify the desired method. Should a change be made, a message will display to warn the user that data may be lost (for example, any text entered would be cleared, when changing from “Text Input” to “File Upload”), and allows the user to opt-out.
- The text box editor has been upgraded to allow for many formatting options and provides spell check.
- The maximum number of characters allowed, as described above, will appear in the lower right corner, along with the current number of characters entered.
Data Imports with Duplicate Records
This feature displays the results of imported data files into Unifyed Admit. The list page displays the name and date of the imported file, with details of total records uploaded and results of records processed. For any given file in the list, a user can click on the number in the “Updated Records”, “Resolved Records”, “Potential Matches” or “Rejected Records” column, to navigate to the specific list of records in that category. Duplicates are managed by clicking on the number under the “Potential Matches” column.
The list of “Potential Matches” displays data that has come from the imported file. By clicking on any record, the user can review field values from the imported file alongside the existing, potentially matching record in the Admit system, and take appropriate action.
The options to resolve the potential duplicate issue are:
- Keep Original Record – Make no changes to the existing record in the Admit system; essentially ignore the record from the imported file.
- Update Record – Update the existing record in the Admit system with all the values from the imported file.
- Update and Create New Application – Update the entity fields only of the existing Admit system record with values from the imported file. And create a new application record for the Applicant recognized as the duplicate, if multiple applications are allowed for the Calendar Type and Term for which the imported file is being applied.
Use the “+ Reporting Email” option to maintain a list of the recipients of a summary Email notification sent after a file is imported.
Payment Gateway Integration
Application Fee configuration has been enhanced to include the currency type, an indicator which controls whether applications can be submitted with or without fee payment, and another indicator which controls the overall exposure of the application fee collection and payment to the end-user.
Additionally, at this time, Unifyed Admit is integrated with PayPal so that application fees can be collected.
- Enable Payment – When engaged, the end-user will be subject to payment requirements upon submitting the application. The payment status will also be available on the dashboard.
- Allow Submit Without Payment – When engaged the end-user will be allowed to submit the application without fee payment; the application fee can be paid later. When not engaged, the end-user will have to provide the application fee at the time the application is submitted.
- Currency – Required, specification of currency type to be collected (defaults to US dollars).
- Payment Method – Indicates the method(s) by which payment can be made. At this time integration is with PayPal.
- The end-user option is to “Pay & Submit Application” when the application fee has been configured with “Enable Payment” On and “Allow Submit Without Payment” Off.
- Clicking on the “Pay & Submit Application” will navigate to PayPal for payment completion.
- The payment status will be visible on the dashboard.
- The End-user options are “Submit & Pay Now” or “Submit & Pay Later” when the application fee has been configured with “Enable Payment” On and “Allow Submit Without Payment” On.
- Clicking on the “Submit & Pay Now” will navigate to PayPal for payment completion.
- Clicking on the “Submit & Pay Later” will navigate back to the dashboard, where the user will have access to the payment method at any time.
- The payment status will be visible on the dashboard.
New Fields Addition
Numerous new fields have been added to the Unifyed Admit Applicant form to accommodate data imports from other systems and ensure data integrity for all institutions. These fields can be managed from Settings > Institutional Defaults > Manage Fields.
Integration of the institution’s Email to the Admit Communication Plan has been implemented for institutions using Gmail. The inbound and outbound Email of designated employees will be scanned so that communication with an Admit Prospect or Applicant can be synchronized with their Communication Plan.
User-defined fields have been added to accommodate unique data entry needs of an institution. Within a new section, entitled “Questionnaire”, available on both the Prospect and Applicant forms, four (4) questions with “Yes”/“No” responses (provided via radio buttons) and two (2) questions with string responses (provided via a text box) are available for use. The Manage Fields system can be used to configure these data fields on the Prospect and Applicant forms, on either the administrative or Self-Service Unifyed Admit applications. Institutions can enable the field, indicate if it is mandatory or optional, and change the label in order to customize the question to meet their needs.
- Questions (1) – (4) are defined for “Yes”/”No” (radio button) type responses.
- Questions (5) – (6) are defined for text (text box) type responses.
- Navigate via Settings > Institutional Defaults > Manage Fields for access to field configuration.
- By default, the entire section will be disabled.
Currently, all address data entry begins by selecting a nation, which then drives the behaviour and validation of subsequent fields. When “United States” is selected as the nation, the zip code entered automatically populates the city, state and county fields. However, the postal information for other nations is not integrated into the Admit system and international addresses could not be added. Changes in this release allow international addresses to be entered when a nation other than “United States” is selected, by providing the postal zone, city and state fields manually. These fields will accept text entered by the user. This change applies to all address fields on Prospect and Applicant forms, on both the administrative and Self-Service applications. This behaviour will be refined as postal information and addressing rules are integrated with the Admit system per nation.
Short Code Substitution on Communication Tasks
This improvement to Task templates for Prospects and Applicants, allows for alternative values for Short Code replacement, so that the lack of a data element on the Prospect or Applicant record will never result in a blank in the message being delivered. When defining Prospect and Applicant Task templates of type Email and Paper mail, the “Manage Short Code” option will be available.
Short Code substitution can be made with another Short Code and/or with a default text string; one or both of these methods can be employed per Short Code on the message. When both a second Short Code and a text string are provided, the system will attempt to use the substitute Short Code first. If it also yields a blank value from the Prospect or Applicant record, then the substitute text will be used. When the substitute text string is solely specified, then it is used immediately in place of a blank Short Code value. Providing the substitute text as a default value, will guarantee a complete message to the recipient.
Missing Merge Field Values
This improvement to Prospect and Applicant tasks will allow users to manage shortcodes inserted in bodies of Emails/ Paper mails. While defining Prospect/Applicant tasks of type email and paper mail, the user will have an option ‘Manage Short Codes’
When the user selects ‘Manage Short Codes’, the system presents a list of System Short Codes with options to select Substitute Short Codes or Substitute Text. Here user can select a substitute Short Code that will replace the current short code in case system finds current code as blank. Similarly, the user will have an option to enter a Substitute Text. In case, substitute Short Code is also blank, the system will use Substitute Text and insert it into the Task.
Manage Fields Re-Structuring
Improvements have been made to the Admit Field Management system, making it more intuitive, comprehensive, efficient and effective. Starting with the left side navigation bar, the user drills down to the one form that is to be managed: the administrative Prospect form, the administrative Applicant form, the Self-Service Prospect form or the Self-Service Applicant form. After identifying the form to manage, all of the sections for that form are listed alphabetically, as are the individual fields within each section. Entire sections can be enabled or disabled by the checkbox associated with it. Functionality which continues to work, as currently deployed, includes the ability to change the field label, enable/disable individual fields, and indicate if a field is mandatory/optional. And every form configuration is per Calendar Type.
Capturing National and International Academic History
‘Add Historic Academic Data’ field has been enhanced to capture applicant/prospects international academic record. When a nation, other than “United States” is selected, checkbox – “My High School is not present in the list” automatically appears selected allowing users to enter the name and address of the previously attended institution into the exposed text boxes.
Similarly, if the checkbox – “My High School is not present in the list” is selected for US colleges. The system allows users to enter the name and address of the previously attended institution into the exposed text boxes “Enter your college name” & “College Address” respectively.
However, upon selecting “United States” for nation, the checkbox – “My High School is not present in the list” appears for selection. When this checkbox is NOT selected, a dropdown appears with the list of US collages to choose from. If, you are unsure of the name of the collage, you can enter the 6 digits “CEEB” code and “Collages Address” which would auto-populate the “Collage Name” field for you.
Data Entry Search String Reset
During data entry on the Prospect and Applicant forms, any search string that is entered by a user for the Interests, Attributes or Sports-Varsity drop-down list boxes will be cleared as the user moves between these fields. Prior to this fix, the search string from one field was retained, and when not found in the drop-down list for a different field, it would appear as if the list did not have any entries.
The Email Opt In/Out indicator has been extended to the Inquiry form. The default value will be to Opt-In (the checkbox will be checked). Prospects and Applicants who have opt’d out of Email communications will not be sent Email from Unifyed Admit. This completes the access to the Email Opt In/Out field, as it was previously made available on Self-Service and administrative.
Create Applicant Record via File Import
While importing applicant data files, if a matching Prospect record is found then the system will create a new application record for that Prospect, and the entity data will be shared. Whenever duplicate Applicant records are encountered during data imports, they are managed by the options available in the new “Data Upload” form previously released. Please refer to release notes for 9.2 for a description.
Prospect and Applicant Save Confirmation Message
The confirmation message displayed after successfully saving a Prospect or Applicant record will include verbiage reminding the user that changes may have impacted other areas of the record, which are not immediately reflected. Saving changes to a Prospect or Applicant record may result in changes to the Communication Plan and/or to the Recruiter/Counselor assignment, as these aspects of the record are data-dependent. Since the form does not close after the Save is done, potential changes to the Communication Plan or Recruiter/Counselor assignment may not be immediately reflected. Closing and opening the record will ensure all current data is on display.
Non-Mandatory Last Name Field
On the administrative Applicant form, the “Family Last Name” field will adhere to the Mandatory/Optional setting defined in Manage Fields. Prior to this fix, the Family Last Name was always mandatory even when not flagged as such.
Backspace Key Removing Calander Type
An issue was reported when adding a Program to the Course Catalog, stating that the backspace key caused entries to be removed from the Calendar Type box. This issue has been fixed; the user must explicitly click on the “X” by any Calendar Type entry they wish to remove from the Program being added.
SMS Icon Tool Tip
Hovering the mouse over the SMS icon on the Prospect and Applicant List pages will cause the tool-tip to display. Prior to this fix, the tool tip did not display while the mouse hovered over this icon.
Advance Filter Search for Course Catalog
The Advance search for Course Catalog > Programs has been updated to search and retrieve data that matches to the criteria entered, regardless of whether that criteria is a code or a title. Prior to this fix, a successful match was only found when search criteria were entered as a code.
Remaining Degree Field for FMS
The field, formally known as “Degree”, has been renamed to “Award” within Field Management. Prior to this fix, “Degree” still appeared in FMS. The Validation table continues to be named “Award”.
Email Opt-In/Out Functionality Enforced
A Prospect or Applicant must have the Email Opt-In/Out indicator set to Opt-In, in order to be sent an immediate Email from Unifyed Admit. If the Prospect or Applicant has opt’d out of Email, then an error message will state that the Email may not be sent. Similarly, when more than one Prospect or Applicant is selected to receive an immediate Email from the List page, and anyone of those chosen has opt’d out of Email, then the Email will not be sent and an error message will state that there are recipients included in the list which have not opt’d into Email. Prior to this fix, immediate Emails were being sent to Prospects and Applicants even if the Opt-In indicator was not set.
Default Value of Email Opt-In/Out
The Email Opt-In/Out indicator default value will be Opt-In (the checkbox will be checked) for a new Prospect or Applicant record on Admit administrative. Previously, the default value for this field was Email Opt Out.
Along with the platform, this release is compliant to WCAG conformance levels A & AA.
Supported Browsers & Devices
This release is supported on the following browsers and devices:.
|iPad Retina||iOS 10.3.3|
|iPhone 6||iOS 12.1.2|
|Nexus 5x||Android 8.1.0|
|iPhone X||iOS 12.1.2|
|One Plus 6||Android 9|
|Samsung Galaxy||Android 9|
|iPhone Xs Max||iOS 12.1.2|
|iPhone 11 Pro||iOS 13.1.1|
|Internet Explorer||version – latest|
Unifyed™ is the only microservices-based, cloud-native student information system provider and serves over 850 colleges and universities in seven countries. Unifyed is a beautiful and easy-to-use solution designed with an AI-first approach to increasing student engagement and international enrollment. Developed in partnership with the higher education community, our solution is both affordable and flexible to meet the needs of traditional and non-traditional institutions alike.